FIBPlus is a flexible and easy-to-use library of Delphi, C++ Builder, Kylix components and Ada objects for direct work with InterBase and Firebird (Yaffil). It has been made for developers of database applications. From the very outset we were developing it in accordance with our customers' wishes and requests. Every component, method and property is intended to solve the most common daily tasks.
At present FIBPlus supports Borland Delphi 5-7, BDS 2005-2007 (Turbo Delphi/C++), Rad Studio 2009-2010, C++ Builder 5-6, Kylix 3, gnat-3.15p, gnat2006 GPL, Borland InterBase 4.x-2007 and Firebird 1.x-2.x (Yaffil).
Using FIBPlus you have a diversity of great advantages, such as:
- FIBPlus supports all versions of InterBase starting with 4.0, Firebird starting with 1.0 (including Embedded Firebird) and Yaffil.
- Applications based on FIBPlus do not requre any middleware (BDE, ODBC, etc). You need only standard client software (gds32.dll, fbclient.dll)
- Compatibility with any standard and third-party data-aware components and report generators (TDBEdit, TDBGrid, TDBChart, ..., InfoPower, DevExpress, EhLib, IntraWeb, ASTA, FastReport, QuickReport, Report Builder,Context Database Designer, TMS Scripter Studio, TMSAdvDBGrid, DataAbstract, Fast Query Builder, Rave Report, Rubicon,Jazmine (JCW)...)
- Improved performance in comparison with its analogues. In particular, TpFIBDataSet works 30-40% faster than TIBDataSet from IBX, uses 60-70% less memory and works 3-4 times faster with lookup-fields.
- Components implement built-in mechanismes of network traffic optimization in multiuser applications and applications for low-speed channels (local BLOB-filters, metadata and repeatable query caching, master-detail link optimization, local sorting and filtering, etc).
- Unique features: field setting repository, query repository, error message repository; centralized handling of exceptions, Unicode support, and many others.
- We offer you volume discounts on FIBPlus and our customers also have discounts on the products of our partners (FastReport, ShellPlus).
- Our customers have free updates and new versions during a year after the purchasing and may have 30% or 50% discounts on prolongation/upgrade.
Our 911 dispatch center needed a program to monitor the status of equipment used in emergency situations. If one dispatcher modified the status of a piece of equipment, all the other dispatchers needed to see this change immediately. The most elegant way to implement this was by using Firebird Events to asynchronously notify all the users whenever a pertinent change had occurred at the database server. After failing to implement this myself using the Firebird API, I bought a copy of FIBPlus. I dropped a Database, EventAlert and ErrorHandler control into a C++ Builder DataModule and within minutes I had all the functionality I needed. I was able to complete the project quickly and the users are thrilled with the results because I gave them more features than they originally asked for. >>Darryl Caillouet Programmer City of Little Rock
Download full versions and updates in your Personal Area